For millions of people, travel by air is a confounding, uncomfortable, and even fearful experience. Patrick Smith, airline pilot and author of the Web's popular Ask the Pilot feature, separates fact from fallacy and tells you everything you need to know . . .
- How planes fly, and a revealing look at the men and women who fly them
- Straight talk on turbulence, pilot training, and safety
- The real story on congestion, delays, and the dysfunction of the modern airport
- The myths and misconceptions of cabin air and cockpit automation
- Terrorism in perspective, and a provocative look at security
- Airfares, seating woes, and the pitfalls of airline customer service
Cockpit Confidential covers not only the nuts and bolts of flying, but also the grand theater of air travel, from airport architecture to inflight service to the excitement of travel abroad. It's a thoughtful, funny, at times deeply personal look into the strange and misunderstood world of commercial flying.
Chapter 0Duration: 12min
Chapter 1Duration: 48min
Chapter 2Duration: 01h24min
Chapter 3Duration: 01h14min
Chapter 4Duration: 01h59min
Chapter 5Duration: 01h26min
Chapter 6Duration: 02h19min
Chapter 7Duration: 01h51min